2. Curl all of your hair using curling tongs or straighteners, whichever you prefer.
3. Once the hair has been curled, take theDenman D82M Boar Bristle Brush (USA) and gently brush out the curls in sections. Don’t worry your hair will not be frizzy but it will go into lovely loose waves.
4. Add a little hair accessory to your hair for a little bit of sparkle!
To create your BridalFrench Twist Up-Do just follow these easy steps:
1. This hairstyle works best on natural hair but don’t worry if you hair is naturally straight because you could just add a few loose waves using curling tongs.
2. Take a section of hair from the top of your hair and hairspray it. Use ourD91 Dressing Out brush(USA) to backcomb that section of the hair. The great thing about this brush it that it has a pintail which makes it easier section the hair and create up-do’s and it perfect to backcomb or tease the hair to add volume. Continue this technique around the front and sides of your hair.
3. Now that you have maximum volume in your hair, use the Denman D82M Boar Bristle Brush(USA) to smooth all of your hair back and gather it at the nape of your neck as if you were to create a ponytail.
4. Start twisting the hair up and pin usingbobby pinsto secure the twist. When you get to the top of the twist make sure you curve the hair round and pin it because you don’t want a little bit of hair sticking up at the top.
5. Once all of the hair in secured tightly, give it a final spray with hairspray for extra hold.
Sometimes the most basic hairstyles can be the most effective especially when you team it up with a LBD or a block coloured outfit. The smooth and silky ponytail is an elegant swept back hairstyle that looks great with any red lipstick and dripping diamond earrings.
1. Wash hair and blowdry it until it is damp.
2. Take the Denman D79 Straightening Brush (USA) and begin to blowdry the hair straight using this brush. Clamp the straightening brush on a small section of damp hair. Point the hairdryer at the vented section of the brush and slowly glide both the brush and hairdryer down that section of hair to straighen it.
3. Smooth the hair back from the face using the Denman D82M Boar Bristle Brush (USA) into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, leaving a small section of hair out of the ponytail. Once the ponytail is secured, take the loose section of hair and wrap it around the base of the ponytail (where the elastic is) and pin it into place.
We all love getting ready for a night out or a special occasion, but sometimes it can be difficult to decide on what you want to do with your hair. Question is… do you want to curl your hair or put your hair up?
Well we have a great hairstyle that will look fabulous with whatever you wear… the Curly Up-Do.
1. Curl all of your hair using curling wands, straighteners or heated rollers.
2. Take the Denman D82M Boar Bristle Brush (USA) and brush the curls all the way back from your face into a ponytail. This will smooth the hair so there will be no bumps.
3. Gently backcomb the curly ponytail using the Denman D91 Dressing Out Brush (USA) and begin to create loops with the curls and pin them at the head. Continue this technique until all of the hair is in a bun-like shape.
Going out this weekend? Why not try this super volumised curly hairstyle. Perfect for long hair or if you need to add in hair extensions.
1. Blowdry your hair using the Denman Extra Large Head Hugger (USA) this will help get maximum root lift and volume into the hair. When blowdrying, wrap sections of hair around the heat retaining barrel and hold for about 20 seconds and then unwind the brush from the hair. This will help create a natural curl in the hair.
If you want your hair really curly, you can always define the curl using curling tongs or heated rollers.
2. Next apply a little bit of hair putty and run your fingers through the curls to break them up and hold the style.
3. Take the Denman D91 Dressing Out Brush (USA) and backcomb the top front sections of your hair. Once the hair is backcombed, brush the hair back from your face and finish with hairspray.
Happy New Year Everyone! We hope you all had a great Christmas!
It’s the start of January and what better way to kick off the year but with a brand new look! Not only will you look great but you will feel great too and definitely beat the January blues!
It may be a new hair colour that you would like to try out, maybe you’ve always thought about colouring your hair a completely different colour or maybe you want to try out the ombre/baylayage look! Which ever you decide make sure you use deep conditioning treatment and Argan oil on your hair when you wash it. Try not to use too much heat on your hair straight away for example, straightening irons or curling wands. If you need to straighten your hair, blowdry it using theDenman D79 Straightening Brush. (USA Store!)This brush is not electrical and has bristles which means it is a lot safer to use on the hair than straightening irons.
If it’s not a new colour you are looking for maybe you fancy a new cut, whether it’s cutting in more layers or possibly a bob! Bobs are super easy to style, especially with our Denman D3 Classic Styling Brush.(USA) This was the brush that Vidal Sassoon used to to blow-dry the bob. The 5-row, 7-row and 9-row Denman brushes with the closely-set pins were the only tools he used to sculpt those sleek smooth hairstyles. To this day, all stylists training at the Vidal Sassoon Academies must use Denman brushes and all of his salons across the globe exclusively use Denman.
Going somewhere fancy? Why not treat yourself to an up-do at your salon, there are plenty of different looks to choose from: beehives, braided-dos and chignons!
With only two weeks until New Year’s Eve… it is time to start planning the hairstyle! We have the perfect hairstyle that is quick and easy to create. At every New Year’s Eve party it is always crowded and if you have super long hair you will get really warm, which is why we are turning the gym ponytail into the super glam ponytail!
1. Firstly, curl all of your hair with straighteners, hot rollers or a curling wand!
2. Begin at the front of your head and backcomb the hair using the Denman D91 Dressing Out Brush (USA). Continue this technique at the sides of the hair until it is fully backcombed. If you have a fringe or you like some loose hair to fall around your face, make sure you leave this out of the backcombing stage!
3. Take the Denman D82M Boar Bristle Brush (USA) and brush the backcombed hair back and pin in place using bobby pins. Next gather the rest of your hair into a ponytail and secure with an elastic.
*Denman International will be closed for Christmas from Tuesday 23rd December at 1.30pm until Monday 5th January 2015. Any orders placed over Christmas will be processed on Monday 5th January 2015*
These brushes are for detangling hair in the shower… yep that’s right, it makes the whole shampooing/conditioning process so much easier and you get an extra perk… a relaxing head massage! These little brushes are available in bright colours as well as black and silver!
These are the ultimate detangling brushes for children. We all know kids hate getting their hair brushed and there are always tears and tantrums. Well not for much longer because Denman Tangle Tamer brushes have soft nylon bristles gently glide through the hair, removing tats and tangles. An air-cushioned pad follows the contour of the head for smooth damage-free grooming. The Tangle Tamer range is now available in cute designs and bright colours!
*These brushes are not just for kids… adults love them too! AND they detangle hair extensions and wigs!!*
Ok so we know exactly what you are thinking… metal pins in a brush, that has got to hurt… actually it doesn’t! The metal pins in the brush are extra smooth and very durable which means that it is great to smooth and detangle all hair lengths. It is also ideal for use with hair extensions and wigs. The Tangle Smoother is available in bright pink and funky yellow!
TIP: If you are using rollers to create volume from the roots of your hair the Jumbo rollers will create maximum volume.
Begin to wind your hair into the rollers. You can either let them sit and dry naturally although this may take a good few hours or you can blowdry the hair using medium heat. Once all of your hair is completely dry, unwind it from the rollers to set free your curls!! For a longer lasting hold, spritz with hairspray!