Cheryl Fernandez Versini is the next celeb to get the chop! She has ditched her long luscious locks and gone for a gorgeous volumious bob! Cheryl isn’t the only one who has gone shorter, recently celebs such as Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift have also debuted a similar look. So… is the bob making a comeback for Summer 2015… We think so!
It’s Mother’s Day on Sunday 15th March!
We all know that Mummy’s love flowers and chocolates on Mother’s day, but why not treat your mum to something extra special and something that she will love!
Denman Tutti Frutti Fragranced Brush
The Denman Tutti Frutti Fragranced range is the perfect gift for yor mum… it’s colourful, fruity and smells AMAZING!! We have 6 fruity fragrances to choose from: Strawberry, Dewberry, Orange, Lemon, Apple and Coconut. See the range here!
Denman Be-Bop Bright Detangling Brush
The Denman Be-Bop Bright Detangling Brush is ideal for any mummy with long hair. It is perfect for detangling hair in the shower as well as giving a gentle head massage. See them here!
Denman Popper Brush
The Denman Popper Brush is great for a busy mummy! Small enough to fit into your handbag and it’s great for on-the-go styling! Get it here!
We love getting dressed up, whether its a night out with the girls or maybe you have something extra special like a prom or a wedding coming up. The beautiful high bun is very easy to create at home which means you can splash out on a gorgeous dress!
1. Straighten all of your hair so it is completely smooth, brush your hair into a ponytail using the Denman D82M Boar Bristle Brush (USA) this will add shine and gloss to the hair. Secure it with an elastic.
3. Section the ponytail and fold over the Bun Ring until it’s completely covered. Secure with an elastic over the bun ring.
4. Finish by pinning the loose hair around the base of the bun ring to create a smooth finish. Finally spray with Hairspray!
We love fabulous, big curls … the bigger the hair… the better! It’s super easy to create and your hair will definitely turn heads!
1. Section the underneath hair away from the top of the hair, it’s best to begin at the bottom.
2. Take a curling wand and wrap a small section of hair around the barrel and leave for a few seconds. Gently slide the hair off the wand and gather it into your hand into its spiral shape. It now looks like a pin curl. Use a small clip to secure it to your head.
3. Continue this technique the whole way up the hair and around to the sides. Once the all the hair has been curled and clipped into place leave for about 15 minutes. (We usually do our make-up while we wait!)
4. Release all the pin curls from the clips. Gently brush out the curls using the Denman D82M Boar Bristle Brush (USA). Finish by applying some styling paste to your hands and gently running your fingers through the curls to define them.
You can also backcomb the top of the hair to have a little bit of volume if you don’t want a smooth finish.
Not only does the plait have to go direct down your back but you could angle it round so it become a side plait!
*Top Tip* Add a splash of red lipstick or nail polish!
1. Curl all of your hair with curling tongs or straighteners.
3. Brush the rest of the hair with the boar bristle brush and gather it at the bottom of the hair. Gently begin to roll the hair up until you reach the nape of the neck and then pin in place to secure the hairstyle.
4. Finish with hairspray and some diamante sparkly hairclips.
Do you have a natural wave in your hair but can never get it to sit the way you want it too? Well today we are going to tell you how to get a natural wave in the hair when blowdrying.
1. Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner and rinse thoroughly.
2. Detangle your wet hair using a Denman DC11 Detangling comb (USA). By using this comb on wet hair you will not damage or break the hair shaft. If you have a lot of knots in your hair, detangle from the bottom working your way up.
3. Apply some mousse to the hair and begin to blowdry the hair with the diffuser attachment. Gently gather the hair into the diffuser and hold for a few seconds. Sometimes the diffuser can get hot so we recommend a low heat setting,
4. Once the hair is about 80% dried, apply some sea salt texturising spray and finish blowdrying the hair with the diffuser.
5. Gently scrunch the hair and finish with hairspray.
2. Curl all of your hair using curling tongs or straighteners, whichever you prefer.
3. Once the hair has been curled, take the Denman D82M Boar Bristle Brush (USA) and gently brush out the curls in sections. Don’t worry your hair will not be frizzy but it will go into lovely loose waves.
4. Add a little hair accessory to your hair for a little bit of sparkle!
To create your Bridal French Twist Up-Do just follow these easy steps:
1. This hairstyle works best on natural hair but don’t worry if you hair is naturally straight because you could just add a few loose waves using curling tongs.
2. Take a section of hair from the top of your hair and hairspray it. Use our D91 Dressing Out brush (USA) to backcomb that section of the hair. The great thing about this brush it that it has a pintail which makes it easier section the hair and create up-do’s and it perfect to backcomb or tease the hair to add volume. Continue this technique around the front and sides of your hair.
3. Now that you have maximum volume in your hair, use the Denman D82M Boar Bristle Brush (USA) to smooth all of your hair back and gather it at the nape of your neck as if you were to create a ponytail.
4. Start twisting the hair up and pin using bobby pins to secure the twist. When you get to the top of the twist make sure you curve the hair round and pin it because you don’t want a little bit of hair sticking up at the top.
5. Once all of the hair in secured tightly, give it a final spray with hairspray for extra hold.
Sometimes the most basic hairstyles can be the most effective especially when you team it up with a LBD or a block coloured outfit. The smooth and silky ponytail is an elegant swept back hairstyle that looks great with any red lipstick and dripping diamond earrings.
1. Wash hair and blowdry it until it is damp.
2. Take the Denman D79 Straightening Brush (USA) and begin to blowdry the hair straight using this brush. Clamp the straightening brush on a small section of damp hair. Point the hairdryer at the vented section of the brush and slowly glide both the brush and hairdryer down that section of hair to straighen it.
3. Smooth the hair back from the face using the Denman D82M Boar Bristle Brush (USA) into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, leaving a small section of hair out of the ponytail. Once the ponytail is secured, take the loose section of hair and wrap it around the base of the ponytail (where the elastic is) and pin it into place.